Translate

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wikis In Plain English

First of all, I loved the video "Wikis In Plain English"! I have used Google Docs and didnt even know it was a wiki. See? One more word to add to my vocabulary list of tech terms =) I love the idea of using a wiki for educational purposes! The only thing I don't like is how on PB Works you can steal the lock from another user. I see this being a potential disaster for working with rowdy high school and middle school students. Yikes!  One of the huge benefits of a wiki is it eliminates emailing back and forth. Also, I love how you can share with other people so easily--all you have to do is approve them and/or add them as shared users by entering their email address. Now if you are having a conversation with two faculty members about an upcoming field trip, you can use a wiki to plan the trip with ease. You could also create access for parents to chime in their suggestions.
So, next time you need to plan something with multiple people in a hurry, try using a wiki. After all, "wiki" means "hurry" in Hawaiian. Bet you didn't know that!

No comments:

Post a Comment