Translate

Monday, June 11, 2012

Reliable Websites/ Website Evaluation

I evaluated the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum's website.
Overall, I think this website reliability assignment was helpful, however, I felt it was a little juvenile. I had a lot of this information about the importance of websites being reliable taught to me in high school. I use websites all the time, and for the most part, with a few clicks you can determine whether or not it is valid and/or reliable. I don't know if I would say this assignment helped me learn about the validity of websites. I was distracted by the content on the US Holocaust site because I am very interested in WWII. On a whole, website reliability is important to teach our students, but I feel like I already knew that before beginning this assignment. If nothing else, I learned about flash player and real player and those are normally used to play a video (which I learned is called a "plug in"). See? I'm increasing my computer language already! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment