Translate

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Web 2.0 Tool Glogster...Say What?!

Glogster is basically a fancy way to make an online poster. You can add URLs and hot links so that when you open the poster on your computer, you can click on the links and be taken directly to other sites. I didn't really see much value in Glogster, other than having URLs in one place as to easily find different links. Sure, it looks cool, but it takes a little bit of time, and I don't see how it could be used educationally. The only way that I would use this in my classroom would be for an alternative form of assessment. Students could post pictures, historical documents, links to websites with more information, and quotes on this e-poster. I could then grade them for content, design, layout, and technology integration.
Overall, I don't think I will use Glogster in my classroom.
********************************************************************************
The above is who I felt when first introduced to Glogster. Since then, I have created a few projects. Take a look at this cool poster!



 I like it because if you were to make a poster that looked like this in paper form, it would take you several hours! You would have to cut out the different photos, scrapbook photos, and more! Plus, you wouldn't be able to play the audio and movie files that are embedded on the Glogster. I actually like this website, however, I would probably use it sparingly. I DO think that I would use this as a form of assessment to evaluate my students. Not only is it easy to put together, but it takes a little bit of thought and design in order to know which pieces to include on the poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment