Translate

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Resource Wiki Project

In terms of the overall assignment, I really liked this one. Basically, we had to use and design a wiki with several other people from different sections of our TPTE class. The point of the wiki was for each person to post 5 websites they thought were helpful in the field of education. They could be on any subject, however, our group was assigned to special education, deaf education, and interpreting. I am  deaf education major so it was great for me to be able to share with other pre-service teachers some useful sites that are widely known in the Deaf community.  Sometimes, sites like these go unnoticed by folks who simply do Google searches. I was glad to provide this information and had fun going back and playing around on a couple of the sites.

As for doing it as a group project, it felt like there could have been a few more rules/guidelines given by the instructor to the students. There wasn't really a template for how the wiki was to be designed. I spent a lot of time designing tables and creating separate pages, and then it was frustrating when I learned there was a specific format that we were to follow...but I just didn't know about it (maybe that was my bad...no one else in our group seemed to know about it either...)

Overall, I really see the benefit from this project! It wasn't necessarily "fun", but I will be so glad to get so many different websites (and with the annotations! that is the best part). My only concern is that other students won't put as much time into this wiki as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment