Translate

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Resume Project

This project didn't require very high tech skills, however I so appreciated it! I don't have an updated resume and it was so wonderful to spend time in class creating one. It was amazing, because the day after I finished the resume for this project, I had an employer contact me asking for a resume! Not only that, but the day after that, I had another employer who wanted me to email her my resume. I was so incredibly thankful that I had one that was updated, looked good, was formatted professionally, and most of all, was all set and ready to go! This project basically saved me in many ways.
As far as the content of the project, I felt like the amount of time we spent working on it in class was perfect. I know some other people finished before me, but I had just the right amount of time. Also, I loved how we were able to take the template, download it, change it, and then make it our own. In MS Word, I think one of the most challenging things is to figure out how to get all the bullets, and lines, and dashes exactly where you want them. A lot of times, the auto format is so annoying and I wish I could turn it off permanently for some features... By already having the formatting done, it gave me a lot of relief because all I had to worry about was typing in my information. I would definitely have my high school seniors do this project the exact same way we did because it will greatly benefit them and save them lots of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment